[scilab-Users] 2-D Fourier Transform?

ray joseph ray at aarden.us
Thu Nov 11 05:00:11 CET 2010

I am sorry that I can not offer a direct scilab review but in general, the
Fourier transform can have complex results.  Rather than square, multiply by
the complex conjegate.  But you might first look at your resultant data and
see if there is complex components.  Additionally, consider using test
images rather than real images.  An example test image would be a one
dimensional sinusoidal gradient, f(x,y) = 1+sin(a*x).

Ray