Export data to Excel from Scilab

Michael J. McCann mjmccann at iee.org
Mon Nov 15 10:02:58 CET 2010

Fred,
I have seen this correspondence run without resolution, so here is
something that might be relevant.
         I haven't tried in Scilab but in some code I wrote in Pascal
for simulation work I was using Excel and its internal VBA (Visual
Basic for Applications) to run a dialog (each integration step if
necessary). The rules allowed me to read from- or write to a set of
Excel cells and the VBA was then able to take those numbers and
operate on them, including store (save) them to the end of a big
array (range).   The VBA was set to operate when the last cell of the
input array was changed, so operation became automatic whenever a new
set of values was delivered by the "Pascal" programme.  My VBA could
also deliver values back through the same array (e.g. in modelling a
control system). I can probably dig out the code if it's any help.
         There were also some "Help" files talking about using
'variant' arrays (having variable sizes etc) but I never reached the
stage of understanding that.
Cheers,
Mike.
Dr M. J. McCann,