[scilab-Users] histplot log log scale

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Tue Nov 16 09:36:07 CET 2010

Hello,

On 11/16/2010 02:06 AM, paolo compagnon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In one of my Monte Carlo exercice I simulate a power law using 1D lévy
> flights.
> I don't manage to find how to plot my histogram in a log log scale.
> I know that I can obtain a loglog scale with plot2d function like this
> plot2d(x, y, logflag = 'll').
> But what about histplot function?
According to the documentation (help('histplot')), you can use the same
syntax with histplot.

By the way you can change the scale of any graphics by using the
log_flags field of the Axes structure (see help('graphic_entities') and
help('axes_properties')):
histplot(); // A histogram
a=gca();
a.data_bounds=[[0.1, 0.1];[4.5, 0.40]]; // To get positive values on X and Y
a.log_flags="ll"; // Switch to log-log

By the way the keyword is logflag while the filed is spelled
log_flags... Maybe they could be the same...

HTH,
Mathieu