[scilab-Users] [Scilab-Users] Sciscipy interface and link to Salome \ YACS for optimization studies

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Nov 17 18:43:27 CET 2010

Le vendredi 15 octobre 2010 à 07:49 +0200, Pierre JUILLARD a écrit :

> Hi to all,
>

> Please, may I know the status of the Sciscipy interface
> (http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/sciscipy/) in Scilab 5.2.2 (the
> latest stable release)?
> Is it ok for use?
Defines "OK" ;)
On my free time, I am packaging it for Debian/Ubuntu. It is working
pretty well. After that, it is a kind of developments where you always
have something to do since Scilab & Python are both big software...

> Are there some "improvements" or bug fixes in Scilab 5.3 on this
> interface?
> I would actually like to know if it is recommended to wait for the
> Scilab 5.3 to use this interface?
There are a few improvements (especially bug fixes and consolidation) in
call_scilab, component on which sciscipy has been developed but I think
the 5.2.2 is usable currently.
Anyway, don't hesitate to fill bugs on sciscipy:
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/sciscipy/issues/

> Also, I would like to know if someone already tried to call Scilab
> using Sciscipy from a Salome \ YACS schema?
You should be able to do so. Maybe Yann (c/c of this email) tried since
the last time I asked him about that.

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru