[scilab-Users] JOGL & SciLab Problems

Tyrel Beede tybeede at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 22:19:45 CET 2010

No problem... I'm pretty sure it is something unique to my computer.  I
installed it on my co-workers computer just a second ago and he has the same
hardware and software except for a different x58 Mobo and nVidia Graphics
card.  Works perfect for him.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics
card drivers on my PC and it still isn't working.  I tried 5.3 beta, 5.1.1,
5.0.3.  Nothing works.  Scilab 4.1.2 works great but it uses the older
graphics engine to my knowledge.  My computer and the co-workers computer
both have the latest version of Java installed v6 update 22.  I'm kinda
running out of ideas.  I guess I'll be using 4.1.2 for the time being.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Mathieu Dubois <mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr>wrote:

>  I'm not sure I can help you more... Maybe you can have a look at the log
> file (when scilab crashesit generates (in the working directory) a file
> called hs_xxxx.log.
>
> Did you try the scilab 5.3 bêta? I use it at work and it is pretty stable.
>
> Mathieu
>
> On 11/19/2010 08:06 PM, Tyrel Beede wrote:
>
> Thanks for the reply,
>
>   I'm pretty confused at this point.  I've got the same version of SciLab
> 5.2.2 64 bit working just fine on my home workstation.  My home workstation
> has the same exact graphics card as my work PC.  Same windows 7 64 bit.  Its
> even almost the same hardware otherwise.  Both have the full windows updates
> at the latest version.  Works great at home, crashes with any type of plot
> command at work.
>
> Ty
>
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Mathieu Dubois <mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr>wrote:
>
>> Hello Tyrel,
>>
>> I don't use windows but precompiled linux version comes with JOGL so I
>> think that Windows' version too.
>>
>> Usually Scilab crashes are caused by out-of-date drivers. See
>> http://wiki.scilab.org/Graphical_issues_with_Scilab_5.0 for more details.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Mathieu
>>

>> On 11/18/2010 10:16 PM, Tyrel Beede wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Guys,
>>>
>>>  I just spent the last hour googling around and reading anything I could
>>> find to help diagnose my problem with SciLab.  I don't think it is a bug.
>>>  The problem seems to be related to JOGL.  I've installed a fresh copy of
>>> SciLab 5.2.2 x64 to match my x64 Windows 7 install.  Everything works great
>>> with SciLab until I try to issue a "plot(x,y)" command at which point SciLab
>>> crashes.  Even something simple like this causes problems
>>>
>>> x = 0 : 0.1 : 10
>>> y = sin(x)