Graphic problem with Ubuntu and nVidia FX5200

Pascal Grandeau pg123 at laposte.net
Sun Nov 28 16:19:54 CET 2010

I use Scilab 5.2.2 with ubuntu 10.10 and I have a problem with graphs : when I draw a simple graph
plot(0:10,sin(0:10)), the graph is well drawn but if I want to change something in it whith menu "Edition - Propriétés de
la figure", if I click on Axes(1) then Scilab crashes and all is closed.

I have installed Scilab in Ubuntu 10.10 with "Applications - Logithèque Ubuntu".

Do you know why I have this problem ?

I tried with Ubuntu 10.04 but it is the same thing.
I use a nVidia FX5200 and I have installed the proprietary driver (compiz works well).

I have no problem with Windows.

Thank you.

P. Grandeau