debugging and pause

MS ms.translate at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:41:18 CET 2010

Antoine Monmayrant <antoine.monmayrant at ...> writes:

> Now, If I re-evaluate this new code and run the function, I can test temp:
>
> foo()
>
> temp
> temp==3
>
> resume
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Antoine

Thank you, Antoine.  I got this to work.  My main program and my function were
all in one file.  Evidently that's why my pause statement was ignored.  Now I
tried your idea, of calling the function from the console.

The funny thing is that the first time I tried this, scilab spontaneously
informed me of the values of the two local variables of my function.  As I
continued practicing the technique, the behavior changed.  On all my subsequent
attempts, I had to type in the name a local variable at the -1-> prompt.  I
don't mind -- I'm happy -- but it is mysterious.