[scilab-Users] optimization : general question

sebastien salmon bob.hyrsut at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 30 13:55:10 CET 2010

Hello Paul,

I realize such optimization really often (i've created and use the PSO toolbox) .
If you need to bracket one value, you can penalize the result with this method :

before rewriting you input file, you check if your inputs are physicaly good :
if good
then run the computation
else do not execute the computation and set the function objective function to a really high value (penalization).

Hopping this will help you,
S.Salmon

> Message du 30/11/10 12:04
> De : "Carrico, Paul"
> A : users at lists.scilab.org
> Copie à :
> Objet : [scilab-Users] optimization : general question
>
> Dear all,

The purpose of this mail is to benefit from user feedback of Scilab community ... even if my experience on optimization item is currently rather limited, this study will significantly increase my own expertise.

I'm currently working in linking a FEA code with Scilab to fit parameters from tests (see attached fig - in red the steps realized in Scilab ) :
- On a single parameter I used with success the fminsearch function (based on the simplex theory),
- with 2 parameters, the calculated ran ... nevertheless the final result is physically non applicable (need to bracket one of the values for examples)

Does somebody be experienced on such item ? what is the best Scilab function ? Some advices in reading ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Paul

   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Le pr�sent mail et ses pi�ces jointes sont confidentiels et destin�s � la personne ou aux personnes vis�e(s) ci-dessus. Si vous avez re�u cet e-mail par erreur, veuillez contacter imm�diatement l'exp�diteur et effacer le message de votre syst�me. Toute divulgation, copie ou distribution de cet e-mail est strictement interdite. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.