Sparse preprocessing

Wojciech Artichowicz w_artichowicz at o2.pl
Sat Oct 2 12:30:55 CEST 2010

Hello,

Fluid mechanics computations often lead to sparse matrix systems.  Scilab
has marvellous sparse functions, however

I cannot find any function for sparse preprocessing. For example:

I have built quite big system with sparse matrix with no explicit pattern of
non-zero elements. The best way to solve this system is to use

modified SOR method (my own implementation). My question is:

Is there any function in Scilab that would remove zero entries from diagonal
(which isn't in this case very easy), and that would do some additional
stuff like

placing at diagonal the biggest possible element.

If no, is there any well known not too complicated algorithm for such a
purpose?

Thank You in advance,

Regards,

W.A.