[scilab-Users] StartScilab memory footprint

Jean-Pierre Teyssier j-pierre.teyssier at brive.unilim.fr
Mon Oct 4 11:28:57 CEST 2010

  I'm using the StartScilab function to initialize Scilab engine (5.2.2)
in order to be able to do calls from Visual C++2008 code (Windows XP 32
bits) with SendScilabJob function. It works well.

My concern is about all the dll that are loaded in the memory when I
call StartScilab: about 100 MegaBytes. I only use a few functionalities.
Are some of these dll optional or only required for some given
functionnalities?
Is there a way (config file, compiler options?) to choose the dll to
load or reduce their number?

Best regards
Pr Jean-Pierre Teyssier
XLIM University of Limoges