[scilab-Users] vibration test analysis

Charlie Warner cwarner7_11 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 10 23:03:32 CEST 2010

SciLAB is a very sophisticated analysis package, but for a preliminary look at time-series data; I like to start with NIST Dataplot (http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/software/dataplot/), which can handle very large data bases, such as I would expect from your vibration alnalyis- including a very fast FFT that can give you your natural frequencies very quickly.   When I have a large data set to analyze, I like to look at it first in Dataplot, before going on to more in-depth analysis (filtering, etc.) in SciLAB.  Dataplot itself is very sophisticated with a good GUI for visualizing data...

Charlie