[scilab-Users] vibration test analysis

Celso Co celso.co at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 05:04:22 CEST 2010

Paul,

Everybody is newbe in something new. I am not train to see parasites
in the graph. However, you definitely have some technique in
recognizing them. However, human recognition is definitely not the
same as machine.

I would suggest that you get the text file of the data and put them as
vector variables. Then pretend to be the Scilab and figure an
algorithm (starting with simple task) to come out a certain desired
results. For example you may want to define a threshold level as
filter mechanism. There will be lot of trial and errors until your
algorithm satisfy what you want to see.

If you prefer to use certain tools, you may want to try wavelets. I am
a newbie in wavelets but there must be somebody out there to help us.

cco