[scilab-Users] Release of Scilab 5.3.0 - beta 4

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Thu Oct 14 10:47:43 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have noticed this morning that under scilab 5.3.0 beta 4, by default
scinotes numbers lines in "normal mode" which means that it prints the
file line number.

The old editor displayed the file line and the function line which was
very useful to find errors. I have found the "whereami mode" which is
more or less ok.

I'm used to the "whereami" mode (and actually spend 20 minutes trying to
fix a bug on the wrong line). Maybe this could be the default (this
could be done easily). Or we could print the 2 modes like in the old
editor (this should not be too hard to do).

Another idea would be to print the offending instruction in the console
to find errors (this is probably tricker).

Mathieu