[scilab-Users] Plotting matrix

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Fri Oct 15 13:24:30 CEST 2010

Hello,

Thanks to Samuel I have a working function (see attachment). To plot
arbitrary values the function first scales them in [0,1] so very low
values are represented with small circles and colours from the bottom of
the colormap and high values with circles of diameter close to 1 (and
colours from the top of the colormap). The parameter threshold is used
to represent very low values (in the current version this introduces a
slight bias).

The function works reasonably well but to be complete:
  - the parameter threshold (which specify what to do with very low
values) should be optional
  - the user should be able to give the scaling parameters (for instance
to represent sevral matrices with the same colorscale)
I will find time to do that.

The function is named Matplot2 because it's like Matplot and Matplot1.
It would be nice to include it into scilab... I can fill a request on
bugzilla...

By the way I have seen that scilab supports named parameters but I
didn't find documentation/examples. My question:
  - how can I use named parameters?
  - can I set a default value for a named parameter?
This would be a nice alternative to varargin...

Mathieu