time delay with syslin?

Dean Parsons dean.parsons at att.net
Wed Oct 20 07:56:04 CEST 2010

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible in scilab to specify a time delay for an input signal to a continuous-time linear system such as one created with

sys1 = syslin('c',A,B,C,D);

In other words, can I create a continuous time state-space model with a time delay?

For example, in matlab you can do

sys1 = ss(A,B,C,D,'InputDelay',1)

(matlab's ss function for "state space" is similar to scilab's syslin function)

which will create a continuous-time linear system and will add a time delay of 1 second to each of the system's inputs. Is it possible to do this in scilab? I've carefully gone through the help manual but haven't found anything yet.

I appreciate your assistance.

Dean Parsons