[scilab-Users] Image processing filter?

Samuel GOUGEON Samuel.Gougeon at univ-lemans.fr
Mon Oct 25 12:20:42 CEST 2010

  ----- Message d'origine -----
De : hadi motamedi
Date : 23/10/2010 14:36:
> Dear All
> Can you please let me know how can I apply my own filter to an image
> (rather than trying for 'sobel' , 'gaussian' , 'laplacian' predefined
> filters) ?
> Thank you

Image filtering is a 2D intercorrelation between the image and the filter's kernel.
Very sadly, AFAIK, Scilab has no native function performing any 2D intercorrelation
or 2D convolution (that can be easily used to perform a 2D intercorrelation).
Yet, IMO such a function should be a part of Scilab itself.
This is noticeably why external modules such that SIVP and IPD are very welcome.
With SIVP, imfilter() and filter2() would do what you expect.

It is possible to build a 2D intercorrelation with two 2D Fourier Transform,
using mfft(), after padding the kernel. It is a "native" way, may be not the best.

HTH
Regards
Samuel