Scilab/C interface functions

Eduardo Torrecillas eduardo.torrecillas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:48:58 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Copying here a message posted on EQUALIS SCILAB SUPPORT FORUM.
Any help will be appreciated.

I am currently using Scilab v 4.1.2 (INTERSCI interfacing tool) and gcc
compiler under Fedora Linux in order to build Scibal/C interface functions.
Those functions are used to read large text files as part of a Scilab script
that is supposed to perform that operation several times. At a certain
point, during the execution, Scilab crashes. I have realized that the number
of external function calls before the crash depends on the size of the file.
The larger the file earlier the crash happens. It looks like a kind of
buffer limit is reached or probably there is something wrong with the C
code.
Please, see the attached files:
- cnumber_freq.c (C code);
- file.pch (the file to be read)
- interface.desc (intersci interface file)
- interface_builder.sce (library builder)
- loader.sce (library loader)
- read_file.sci (Scilab script - for debug)

I appreciate if somebody could help and test the script.

--
Eduardo Torrecillas