[scilab-Users] Release of Scilab 5.3.0 - beta 3

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Wed Sep 15 13:43:08 CEST 2010

Hello,

Thanks for your reply but I think I was not clear in my explanations.
>> I'm using Scilab 5.3.0 beta 3 for a few days and I wanted to report some
>> minor problems with scinotes (the new text editor).
>>
>> When saving a file the default path is in scilab configuration directory
>> (~/.Scilab/ scilab5.3.0-beta-3). I think that it would be better to
>> propose the current directory. I didn't find anything on bugzilla.
>>

> On my computer, if I start Scilab from my home directory, the default
> dir is my home.
> You can try to put an empty string in the value attribute of the tag
> LastOpenedDirectory in the file
> ~/.Scilab/scilab-5.3.0-beta-3/configuration.xml, restart scilab from
> your home and test... If the bug is still alive, please make a bug
> report.

I was talking about the directory proposed in scinotes. In fact it is
the directory of the last saved file which might be ok. But a way to
quickly jump to the current directory would be nice. Maybe using the
native file explorer would be better...
>> Also it would be nice if scinotes is automatically launched when scilab
>> starts (for instance if it was open when scilab was closed). This may be
>> too late for 5.3.0...
>>

> In the directory ~/.Scilab/scilab-5.3.0-beta-3/ just put a file
> scilab.ini containing scinotes; that's all !

It would help but I'm used to dock scinotes and it's boring to repeat
this every time I launch scilab.

Best regards,
Mathieu