[scilab-Users] Re: Beginner problem with xs2pdf

A. Ismael F. Vaz aivaz at dps.uminho.pt
Thu Sep 23 17:24:45 CEST 2010

Dear Calixte,

Jens was suggesting to use a screen shot program in order to obtain a figure
in the requested format. Sometimes I also do this when I do not have another
option. For example, under Windows, you can use the "Print Screen" option
and to paste the clipboard contents to wmf2eps (window meta file to eps) in
order to obtain a .eps file with a figure.

In this way you will get a bitmap format for the figure. Doing a scale in
the figure (that I often do in LaTeX) results in loss of quality. Of course,
you can resize the window, "Print Screen" it again and see if a scale is not
necessary.

While this try and error process works one may need a lot of extra work to
get it properly done.

I hope my comment is now much clear.

Regards,
Ismael