[scilab-Users] Beginner problem with xs2pdf

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Sep 24 07:45:37 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 24 septembre 2010 à 00:11 -0500, Dean Parsons a écrit :
> Is "Scilab" pronounced like "sky lab" or like
> "sigh lab"? I've wondered about this for many months...
It is definitely not sky lab [1]. ;)
The way we pronounce it into the team is Sci[entific] Lab[oratory] (it
is also the ""official"" pronunciation).

However, some people are saying it also the French way Sci[entifique]
Lab[oratoire] (but it is broken French). In English, it is something
like SeeLab ;)

Sylvestre
[1]  This was the first US space station:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skylab