[scilab-Users] How to automatically increase matrix name number

Carrico, Paul paul.carrico at esterline.com
Fri Sep 24 12:03:37 CEST 2010

I think I do not understand something ... can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

######################################################################################

mode(0)
clear all

// creation of the matrix
for j = 1 : 10
    mystr2="matrix"+string(j)+"=[1 2, 3 4]";
    execstr(mystr2)
end

// verification that matrix1, matrix2 and so on are variables/declared
printf("\n the matrix are manually print on the sreen\n")
matrix1
matrix2
matrix3

// print of all the matrix throughout a loop
printf("\n print of the matrix on the sreen using a loop\n")
for i = 1 : 10
    execstr("disp(matrix" + string(i)+")");
end

// test to validate that calculations can be performed why the previous matrix
A = []
for i = 1 : 10
    mewstr = "matrix" + string(i);
    A = A + execstr(newstr);