Scinotes / systematic crash when attempting to save file

Luke MacAleese l.macaleese at amolf.nl
Tue Sep 28 00:09:08 CEST 2010

  Hello,

I installed Scilab-5.3.0-beta-3, on windows XP (coccinelle) SP2

it seems to work perfectly except for when I use the editor, SciNotes,
and want to save the script from there: then it systematically crashes
the whole scilab.
and an error log is created (with a name such as hs_err_pid1128.log)
that starts like this:

#
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000, pid=1128,
tid=584
#
# JRE version: 6.0_20-b02
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (16.3-b01 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  0x00000000
#
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

(I can provide the full error log if useful.)

I've not been able to find a solution in the user list,
but if anyone experienced a similar problem/has an explanation or even
better, a solution for this, I would be incredibly grateful!
thanks in advance
Luke

(for what it's worth, I tried with no success [after browsing on the
user list] to
-update graphic driver (NVidia geforce6800)
-disable hardware accelerator)

Luke MacAleese
Biomolecular Imaging Mass Spectrometry (BIMS)
Molecular Nanophotonics Department
FOM-Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics
Science Park 104
1098 XG Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Tel.      +31-20-7547206 / 100(reception)
Fax.      +31-20-7547290
e-mail:macaleese at amolf.nl
internet:www.amolf.nl