[scilab-Users] problem with xs2pdf, figure too big

Calixte Denizet calixte at contrib.scilab.org
Mon Apr 11 20:49:12 CEST 2011

Le lundi 11 avril 2011 à 13:37 -0500, Peter Hinow a écrit :
> Dear Scilab users,
> I'm trying to export a figure to a .pdf file, but I get an error "Unable to create export file, figure is too big". How should I deal with this? The figure is quite precise but it was possible to draw it in the first place. The output of getmemory() is 16051736.

Hi Peter,

This is a known bug of graphic export... and for now there is no bug fix
possible. You need probably to wait for 5.4.x versions...

A crappy workaround (not tested) could be to export several parts of the
final graphic in SVG and to superpose the different layers in a software
like Inkscape, finally you can export it into pdf.

Best regards,

Calixte