[scilab-Users] Transfer function of RLC circuit and its simulation

Michel Hua michel.hua at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 21:08:29 CEST 2011

Dear Reinaldo,

2011/4/26 Prof. Dr. Reinaldo Golmia Dante <tiraduvidascefet at yahoo.com>:
> You mean: Xcos ? Have you ever implemented any transfer function on Scilab ?
>
> Do you have an easy example to send me ?

Here is an example file of a serials RLC circuit that you can open with Xcos.
I used the formula from these basic calculations, with s=j*w/w0
http://silicium628.chez-alice.fr/electron/cours/passe_bas_ordre2/page1.html

1. Open the editor from the Scilab console menu : Applications / Xcos
2. Load the file basic_RLC_simulation.xcos from the Xcos menu : File / Open
3. Run the simulation : Simulation / Start

There are several way to tweak the simulation :
 - change the transfer function by double-clicking on the box
 - double click on the scope box
 - double click on the clock box
 - in the Xcos menu : Simulation / Setup and Simulation / Set Context

I think this file pretty much does the same thing as Pr. Costa's
Scilab script. With the Xcos graphical way of doing, you can design
more complex systems, tweak your model or use it to show results to
students who don't necessarily know Scilab.

To find out what Xcos exactly is : http://www.scilab.org/en/products/xcos
(similar to Simulink under Matlab if you are already familiar with it)