[scilab-Users] read_csv

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Fri Apr 29 13:37:44 CEST 2011

I am sorry, i missunderstood your mail

your problem comes from your file lines ending with Mac style end of
lines (CR only) (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline#Representations)
i tested under windows, and read_csv seems to need windows style end of
lines (CR+LF). Are you running a Windows machine?

you should be able to convert quickly Mac styles ends of line (EOL) to
windows EOL. Myself, i use notepad++, Edit menu, End of lines, which
will be far too long if you have to do this frequently.

using csv_read instead of read_csv (see
http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/csv_readwrite/) might solve your
problem. Allan?

lastly, unhability of read_csv to parse files with exotic EOL characters
can be considered as a bug (but might be considered as a "feature"), you
might ocnsider to report a bug.

best regards