SSE2

Frank Hrebabetzky frank at photonita.com.br
Wed Aug 3 17:14:55 CEST 2011

When I tried to install scilab-5.3.3 (32 bit) on an AMD Athlon XP 2200+
running Windows XP Service Pack 3 I got the error message that CPU SSE2
instructions are required. There are sites which offer SSE2 installation
software, but they seemed somewhat dubious to me.

I could simply try older versions but with the internet speed here every
attempt takes a couple of days (connection reset). So somebody could
tell me:

Which version is compatible with my platform?

Or some additional piece of software solves the problem?

Or something?
--
Frank Hrebabetzky	Tel. (48) 3239 2258
Photonita Ltda.		http://www.photonita.com.br