Help regarding file management

ashwin damle ashwindamle at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:22:46 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am using scilab 5.3.3 on ubuntu 11.04.... I have a problem using the file
management. Take for example the help  for files

u=file('open','foo.dat','unknown')
for k=1:4
  a=rand(1,4)
  write(u,a)
end
file('rewind',u)
x=read(u,2,4)
file('close',u)

In the code above, if I execute the program it works. If I execute the
program again, with unknown changed to 'old', it gives an error saying
foo.dat already exists of access is denied. Then, what I do is i delete the
foo.dat file in the current directory and change the 'unknown' to
'new'...then I execute it works but next time after changing it 'new' to
'old' I execute again but it won't work giving the same error.

What is the problem? To put it simply, can you suggest a working part of
file management.

Thanks.

--
Ash.D