stacksize("max") problem

Ruben Bibas ruben.bibas at centre-cired.fr
Wed Aug 31 19:46:36 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am building a custom made C function, used in scilab via the call
function.
It is not a big function, however I need to increase the stacksize to
make it work.

I used to use stacksize("max") which when the need for memory increased
consistently make scilab crash with this error:
Operating system error: Cannot allocate memory
Memory allocation failed

Using stacksize(1e8) suddenly resolved all problems.

I don't really know how to report such a bug, but understanding the
problem would be helpful !
I would advise the help to oblige stacksize to manually enter the value,
since it makes scilab very unstable, especially with multiple cores
computers.

Anyhow, great job with scilab!
Ruben

--