[scilab-Users] Complex transfer function question - need help :)

Charles Warner cwarner.cw711 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 13:45:19 CET 2011

A two dimensional complex plane is geometrically identical to a
conventional Cartesian plane, with the y-axis relabeled "i".  That is, your
unit circle is defined by:

(REAL coefficient)^2 + (IMAGINARY coefficient)^2 = 1

which gives the unit circle centered on the origin.  For a circle centered
at point (x1+y1i), you would use:

(REAL coefficient - x1)^2 +(IMAGINARY coefficient - y1)^2 = 1

You would take a similar approach with your transfer function.

Charlie