Seeking help in plotting a function in Scilab.

Vik@$h Dutt P@ndey vikash4exploring at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:55:52 CET 2011

 Dear Scilab,

I am Vikash Pandey, an Indian and presently pursuing PhD research in
Nonlinear and Quantum Optics at University of Malaya, Malaysia.

I am a new user of Scilab but I really like this software which is
available for free and almost behaves like a substitute to the expensive
MatLab.

I will really appreciate if you can help me in overcoming a 3D plotting
problem which I am facing in Scilab. I was trying to plot the curve
*[{sin(x*t/2)}
/ x]^2 *following the below mentioned set of instructions.

-->x=(-10:0.013:10);

-->t=(0:0.013:20);

-->m=(x .*t) ./2;

-->p=x .*x;

-->z=sin(m) .*sin(m);

-->v=z ./p;

-->clf, param3d(x,t,v)

I had obtained the graph (see attached please) but *what I got was a
parametric 3D curve while I was expecting a plot of 3D surface.* Besides, I
had also tried plotting the function using commands *fplot3d, plot3d and
plot3d1 *but all of them ended up with errors. I have attached two pictures
in this email. One of them is the parametric curve which I got and another
is a 3D surface curve which I was expecting.

Can you please tell me where I am wrong ? How can I obtain the expected 3D
surface plot for the given function ?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I will be thankful to you if I get to hear something from you on this.

Thanks You!
--
*With Best Wishes...*

*Vikash Pandey*

*PhD Research Assistant,*
*Dept. of Physics (Quantum and Laser Science Group),*
*University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, *
*50603, Malaysia*

*Mobile Number:  +91-898-759-9601  [India]*
*                                         +60-010-785-6758 [Malaysia]*
*e_mail: vikash4exploring at gmail.com*
*Skype: vikash4exploring*