Integer to string - excluding scientific notation

lukeaarond lukeaarond at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 18:11:41 CET 2011

I have a large number that I save as an integer. Whenever I access that
number it comes out in scientific notation. It is fine because scilab always
remembers what the actual integer is, however, when I save it as a string it
only remembers the scientific notation which ends up rounding the number.
See the following:

-->numb1=127015695
 numb1  =1.270D+08

-->ShowScilabRemembers=numb1-127000000
 ShowScilabRemembers  =15695.

-->String1=string(numb1)
 String1  =1.270D+08

-->ShowRounded=evstr(String1)-127000000
 ShowRounded  =0.

How to I make scilab save the number as a string without using the
scientific notation?

Thank you.