metanet still not working ...

pvillads pvillads at microsoft.com
Wed Dec 21 20:38:12 CET 2011

Hello,

This is my first experience with Scilab 5.3.3, and I wanted to do some graph
analysis with metanet. Unfortunately I am getting the same problems others
have faced with metanet: It basically does not load correctly, as described
on:

Doing:

--> atomsSetConfig("Verbose", "True");

-->atomsInstall("metanet");
	metanet (0.3-2) will be installed in the 'user' section
	Installing metanet (0.3-2) ... success

is succesful, but none of the functionality is available, and when scilab is
restarted. Doing:

-->atomsLoad("metanet");

Start Metanet
	Load macros
	Load gateways
atomsLoad: An error occurred while loading 'metanet-0.3-2':
	link: The shared archive was not loaded: The filename, directory name, or
volume label syntax is incorrect.
 !--error 10000

at line     337 of function atomsLoad called by :

(Notice that there is no reference to the actual name of the archive that is
claimed to be incorrect, making it very difficult to diagnose what the
problem is. This is a very poor error message, in my opinion).

It seems that even using the source from the git repository does not work.
In the threads I found references references to the ATOMS files being
deprecated etc., and this causes me to wonder what the process and level of
support is: Do you officially not support metanet anymore? If so, please
remove it from the list of supported modules, as it plainly does not work.
This issues seems to have been reported at least as early as April this
year.

Has anyone actually made this work?

BR PV