Scilab 5.3.3 and Ubuntu 11.10

Reinaldo rei.listas at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 20:47:28 CET 2011

Hi Scilab users,

I installed Ubuntu 11.10 and gcc-mingw32 (I don't know if gcc-mingw32 is needed !)

Then, I downloaded Scilab, Scilab CLI and Scilab Advanced CLI (all of them version 5.3.3) through Ubuntu Software Center.

I don't know what's the difference among Scilab, Scilab CLI and Scilab Advanced CLI.

Anyway, when I open Scilab and go to "Scilab Demonstrations", there is no examples to simulate.

I use Scilab 5.3.1 in Windows 7 and seems that Scilab is a little different (there is only one Scilab and no other options like

Scilab CLI and Scilab Advanced CLI). This is a little bit confused.

Moreover, Scilab 5.3.1 for Win7 has a lot of Scilab demonstration examples such as: Xcos -> Electrical Systems -> RCL circuit

Could anyone give information about how I install Scilab demonstrations in Scilab 5.3.3 for Ubuntu ?

In case I did something wrong, inform me about the correct procedure to install Scilab and its demos.

Thank you.

All best,
Reinaldo.