[scilab-Users] Using plot function

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Sun Feb 6 12:31:34 CET 2011

Le 06/02/2011 10:02, Gary Tang a écrit :
> Hi, I just downloaded the free 64-bit silab 5.3.0 but whenever I try
> to use the plot function the entire scilab program closes down on me?
> I even tried using the same coding used in the examples when i do
> "help plot" and silab still closes down on me, is this normal or no?
> and how can i fix this?
>
> --
> Gary

Hi

It looks like a driver problem.  Does the following mail apply to your case?

Hello,

On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 15:09 -0500, JIGAR PATEL wrote:

> >  I am using SciLab 5.2.2 for one of my classes as instructed by my
> >  teacher and when I use the plot command it exits the programs, I have
> >  tried the Windows 7 32-bit as well as the 64-bit version of SciLab and
> >  both do the same, my laptop is running on Windows 7 Home Premium
> >  64-bit. I know that I'm using the plot command correctly as the same
> >  command works on my desktop please let me know what steps can be taken
> >  to fix this. I'm attaching a video so show you what exactly happens
> >  when I try to plot a function.
Your problem is probably due to a problem with your graphic driver
(especially if you run an Intel HD graphic card).

We are aware of the issue and we are working on it.

Sylvestre

--

*Adrien Vogt-Schilb*

Research Fellow