reading file in hexadecimal

Loïc GIROD Loic.Girod at esstin.uhp-nancy.fr
Tue Feb 8 17:24:06 CET 2011

Hello Mike,

Many thanks for your answer.

It works perfect with a = dec2hex (mget (1, ‘l’, fd)).

I only need to read one float each time.

Thank you again

Loic

Subject: Re: reading file in hexadecimal

From: "Mike Page" ####@####.####

Date: 8 Feb 2011 10:54:36 +0100

Hi Loic,

Not sure what you want exactly, but the file looks like a set of floats

(4-byte IEEE 754 floating point values).  You can read these using:

a = mget (n, 'f', fd)

where n is the number you want to read and fd is the file descriptor (you

get that using fd=mopen("F1_31.dat",'rb').

If you really want the values in hex, then it depends on how many bytes per

hex value.  If there are 4 bytes each, then you can use something like:

a = dec2hex (mget (n, 'l', fd))

Hope that helps.

Mike.