[scilab-Users] weird problem with fscanfMat

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Wed Feb 9 09:24:12 CET 2011

Le 08/02/2011 22:04, Stephane Mottelet a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I cannot manage to read the attached file with
> fscanfMat, although it has a compatible structure,
> i.e. one line one text then many lines of the same
> number of columns.
>
> I have even tried to read the first line with mgetl,
> but then eof is reached although I only get the first line
> (composed of text).
>
> I know each line is only finished with a cr and not
> an eol. Is it a problem ?
> Thanks for help of anybody willing to solve this
> weird issue !!!
>
> S.
When I open the file you attached to your email, I don't see any
separator to mark the end of line (no cr, no \n, no nothing).
It might have been mangled by my mail program but I doubt it.
I managed to open it in scilab with read_csv and it also looks like
there is no separator at the end of line: the last item of a line is
touching the first item on next line:

-->a_string=read_csv("20101122_VOLUME.txt","\t");

-->a_string(16)
ans  =

  ch15 (L)0.000

-->a_string(31)