[scilab-Users] Open just one part of txt file

Mike Page Mike at Page-One.Waitrose.com
Thu Feb 10 17:03:23 CET 2011

Hi Herve,

Have you tried mtell() to save the position where you stopped reading and
mseek() to go back to that position later?

HTH,
Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bellot Hervé [mailto:herve.bellot at cemagref.fr]
Sent: 10 February 2011 15:26
To: users at lists.scilab.org
Subject: [scilab-Users] Open just one part of txt file

Hi
I have a too big txt data file and i would like to open it piece by piece. I
generaly use mgetl function. I can open the first piece of X lines
(mgetl('filename.txt',x)) but i can't open the second piece from X to 2X
lines.how can i do that?

I think i will have the same problem whith the result file. I search a
solution for recording the result step by step in a file.

Thank for your help
Hervé