[scilab-Users] CFD through Scilab

Sam Mathew sam at cctech.co.in
Tue Feb 15 04:15:54 CET 2011

Hello everyone,

Sorry for thanking you all so late but better late than never. Thank you
very much for all your inputs.

What I conclude nevertheless is that within SCILAB, the tools available for
solving the governing equations of flow and heat transfer are primarily
solved using the Finite Element numerical scheme. I've understood that
conservation is sometimes a problem for the FEM based solution of the flow
equations and therefore, the Finite Volume Method would be a more
appropriate option, if that can be included within SCILAB.

But I understand that with so many already existing options available
through OpenFOAM and others, it might be difficult to justify putting in
efforts in this regard. The only motivation would be the platform
independence of SCILAB compared to most of the LINUX based open source
solutions for solving CFD problems.

Best wishes,