help scilab

ATTe.: Alejandro Aldaco rida.alekxe.hansamu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 02:31:49 CET 2011

hello, my name is Alejandro, i’m using scilab for college.
i downloaded scilab 6 days ago, and when i ran it there was a problem when i tried to plot a function. the code that i used was:

-->x=0:0.1:15;
-->y=x^2
-->plot(x,y)

when i type enter, the program simply closes.
i really need to get the graphics, for which i require to solve this problem but i really don’t know how.
thas is why i call for advice about what should i check on my sistem.

i shoul mention that already tried reinstalling the program

I await your response. in advance, thanks