Wrong HDF5 library version

JC Francois jc.francois at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:00:12 CET 2011

Hi,

I just installed scilab-5.3.0-beta-4 on OpenSUSE 11.3 from
OpenSUSE-Education repository. The installation also pulled libhdf5-0
1.8.5 and jhdf5 2.6.1 among other packages.

When I run Scilab and want to start Xcos, I get the following error message:

      xcos: Unable to load the hdf5-java (jhdf5) library.
      Expecting version [1, 8, 4] ; Getting version [1, 8, 5] .
      while executing a callback

Unfortunately, only libhdf5 1.8.5 is provided as a package by OpenSUSE.
How can I resolve this dependency problem?

Thanks,

JC Francois