News on the wiki

Michaël Baudin michael.baudin at scilab.org
Fri Jan 7 13:44:22 CET 2011

Hi,

There was recently several users asking for support of finite element
tools in Scilab. As this question was asked regularly, we gathered the
informations we have on the wiki :

http://wiki.scilab.org/Finite_Elements_in_Scilab

The goal of this page is to present the finite element tools which are
available in the Scilab environment. It presents the Femtruss module and
the connection between Scilab and the FreeFem, OpenFem and GetFem modules.

--

We often provide support for users who provide packages on Atoms. There
are simple practices which are sometimes forgotten. The main reason is

http://wiki.scilab.org/Guidelines_To_Design_a_Module

In this page, we briefly present the "Toolbox skeleton". We also
presents methods which avoid function name conflicts, advices on the
help pages, the content of these pages and the API of a module.

--

There are several interesting resources on the web which compare the
features and performances of Scilab versus other softwares, including

http://wiki.scilab.org/Tutorials

They cover the years from 1999 to 2010. Most of them are very
interesting. Still, we should be aware that some of the informations are
not up-to-date, given that Scilab is constantly evolving.

Best regards,

Michaël Baudin

--
Michaël Baudin
Ingénieur de développement
michael.baudin at scilab.org
Consortium Scilab - Digiteo
Domaine de Voluceau - Rocquencourt
B.P. 105 - 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Tel. : 01 39 63 56 87 - Fax : 01 39 63 55 94