[scilab-Users] XCos Event Handling

Andreas Stewering-Bone Andreas.Stewering-Bone at gmx.de
Wed Jan 12 22:00:25 CET 2011

Hello,

I have some questions about the Xcos or Scicos Event handling.

Normal blocks implement a

init
calc
end

Functions

I would like to implement fieldbus handling block

So it would be ideal to have a

init -> get configure information from every block
postinit-> prepare complex data structures (based on the configuration), malloc
some memory
calc -> do IO
end -> release memory

functions.

There a many different flags for numerical events during calculation. Are there
any plans or possibilities for adding new scicos flags during initialisation?

Another question:

If I have different XCos IO blocks which use the same infrastructur (like one
block creating a tcp server port, sereral blocks which present data on this
port). Is there a possibillity to share informations betwwen blocks during

configuration time (interface function)

or

initialisation time (calculation function) without using global strucures

for example to get the amount of server blocks or data ports ?

Greatings

Andreas