eqfir, remez, remezb

Dean Parsons dean.parsons at att.net
Fri Jan 14 20:24:59 CET 2011

Hello,

I am using the "eqfir" and "remezb" functions to design FIR filters. The documentation on these functions in the Scilab help manual is very brief. Are there other sources of documentation where I can learn more about these functions? For example I would like to know what is the difference between these 3 functions - they each appear to do about the same thing. I would also like to know more about the algorithms  they each use and how to map the coefficients they produce to the various FIR circuit structures such as the direct form FIR structure and then be able to compute how many adders and how many registers are required.

Thank you,

Dean Parsons