[scilab-Users] Parallel Computing in Scilab

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Thu Jan 20 22:24:30 CET 2011

Hello,

I don't know Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox but I think that the
closest solution in scilab is the PVM toolbox (help("PVM")). I have
never used it but PVM is included in most clusters. I have no idea how
hard it is to translate code.

Scilab 5.3 introduced the parallel_run function for multicore computers
(help("parallel_run")).

I think that parallel computing is a main objective for scilab 6.

HTH,
Mathieu