problem with scilab or problem with graphic card?

Peter Hinow hinow at uwm.edu
Fri Jan 21 22:02:51 CET 2011

Dear scilab community,

I continue to have a problem that I already brought forward to this list a while ago. It manifests itself in repeated crashes of scilab after plots of graphics. It leaves behind a log file that starts with
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00fa2416, pid=2016, tid=41278320
#
# JRE version: 6.0_18-b07
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (16.0-b13 mixed mode linux-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [+0x416]  __kernel_vsyscall+0x2
Previously I was told to upgrade my graphic card drivers. I did that, but the problem persists. I'm now starting to suspect that I have a hardware problem with a faulty graphics card. Is there a way to confirm this suspicion?

Thank you and best regards,
     Peter

--
Peter Hinow, PhD