[scilab-Users] Changing Win7 to Ubuntu Linux -> toolboxes

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Sat Jan 22 10:00:36 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 17:50 -0800, Prof. Dr. Reinaldo Golmia Dante
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I change my operational system Windows7 to Ubuntu Linux, may all my
> toolboxes that I downloaded *.bin.zip
> be used in Linux ? Or should I download the files *.src.zip ?
If you are using ATOMS, it will get Linux modules for you.

If you installed them yourself, it depends. If it is a module only with
macros, it should work out of the box. If it contains C or Fortran code,
you will have to rebuild it.

> Is the file *.bin.i686.linux.tar.gz for Linux 32bits or 64bits ?
32

Sylvestre