[scilab-Users] Like Matlab's solve and showing intermediate steps?

Michaël Baudin michael.baudin at scilab.org
Thu Jan 27 09:16:07 CET 2011

Hi,

In the current solve function, we cannot display intermediate steps.
Notice that Matlab's solve can solve nonlinear equations, while Scilab's
solve can only solve linear systems of equations.

As this is a macro, we can edit this function with

edit solve

 From there, it is easy to insert a couple of "disp([a b])" to display
the intermediate steps.

Best regards,

Michaël

--
Michaël Baudin
Ingénieur de développement
michael.baudin at scilab.org
Consortium Scilab - Digiteo
Domaine de Voluceau - Rocquencourt
B.P. 105 - 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Tel. : 01 39 63 56 87 - Fax : 01 39 63 55 94