[scilab-Users] Scilab error

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Mon Jan 31 22:02:00 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 01:05 +0100, Alexander Kegeles wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I've just downloaded the new Scilab 5.3.0 from you page, but it
> doesn't run. When I double click on the icon to start the program, a
> message occurs that the program was unexpectedly closed.
> The whole error description is attached below.
>
> I use the mac OX 10.5 with 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Dou and 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM.
For now, Scilab 5.3.0 is not available under Mac OS X 10.5.
It is "normal". Apple pushed an important update in their Java packaging
system.

Anyway, during this update, under Mac OS x 10.5, they broke a feature
Scilab is built on (used also under GNU/Linux and Windows)
We are in touch with Apple on this subject but we cannot predict when
it is going to be fixed or when we will be able to use a workaround.

Sylvestre