two questions : batch mode parameters and creating a menu to execute again a script or exit

Loïc GIROD loic.girod at esstin.uhp-nancy.fr
Fri Jul 1 14:21:42 CEST 2011

Hello all !

I wrote a script that can read binary files to draw curves from it.

I’ve copied the script in /bin directory of scilab on a windows computer and
I have created a shortcut on the desktop with the following parameters found
on Internet : "C:\Program Files\scilab-5.3.2\bin\Scilex.exe" -nw –f
programme.sce. It alloy the user to run the script without loading the
scilab graphic interface.

Regarding this, I have two questions :

1)      Do you know where I can find the signification of the parameters
used –nw –f and if others exist ?

2)      Using this method, the script only executes once. Indeed, at the end
of the script, the user must kill the process to stop it, come back to the
desktop and run again the script thanks to the shortcut. Is there a way to
add a menu which ask the user if he would like to quit the script or to
execute it again ?

Many thanks for your help

Best regards

Loïc