[scilab-Users] Re: SCILAB startup file help

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Mon Jul 4 17:02:29 CEST 2011

On 07/04/2011 04:12 PM, nishnish wrote:
> HI Mathieu,
> firstly thanks for the reply.
> i tried to create a .scilab file in the folder but i dun really know how to
> create it . i moved my mouse over "new" but theres no option to create a
> .scilab file
You can create the file with any editor you want for instance the one in
scilab (Applications -> SciNotes).
Just create a new document and save it in SCIHOME.

Note that under Linux, files whose name starts with a dot (.) are hidden
by convention.
You can however see them under nautilus ("the" file explorer) with
"View->Show hidden file".
For those reason it is easier to create scilab.ini.
> and also, what does edit SCI/scilab.star.  mean ?
scilab.star (in directory given by the SCI variable) is another startup
file. The advantage is that it is the same file for every user.